June 2, 2008

"I'm Doing It My Way"

I've been engaged since March 2007 and I actually only began planning since December 07. I soon realised that wedding planning entailed a lot! On occasions I am up until the wee hours of the night, trying to find the absolute best bargain and on other days I don't even want to remember the details on the lists and list and list that I’ve made. But one thing is for sure, I better hold it together and get the tasks already started, completed. I'm learning to pace myself; not to start too many projects all at once. Complete one, start another.

The one thing I didn't anticipate learning a lot about is the nature of human beings. I am learning new personalities, even little things about myself and my "particularness" is admittedly surprising. Out of the whole experience, apart from getting married to the love of my life, I hope to learn more patience. And I think I am actually on my way with that.

I am learning to say what I mean in the moment and not hold it all in. As most brides or brides to be would know, it's not the easiest thing saying no to loved ones putting in their two scents. The craziest thing about getting married that I am stubbornly learning is; often times it's not about you but what family members want. And yes I heard that from other brides but I was determined to do it like old blues eyes said, "my way." Well I suppose like many other brides, we get to do it our way at our daughter's wedding and so the cycle continues.

No comments: