June 3, 2008

Here comes the Flower Girls

The flower girls' dresses have finally been ordered!!!! It was a tougher decision than the bridesmaid dresses actually. I always knew the type of dresses I wanted, but finding it was the dilemma. I wanted my flower girls to look like little girls, at the same time, I wanted something elegant, yet not too formal with layers and layers of fabric.

We are getting married in August in Atlanta, and I must say there is no heat like the southern heat in the summer time. So I settled on a tea length simple dress that doesn't have too many layers for our little girls. The dresses are made from a shantung like material, in an A line style and is completed with a waist band with a bow in the back and a flower in the centre of the bow. It's just perfect.

Here's the dress we selected from the front:


And from the back:


I think they are the perfect little dresses. Our girl's look will be completed with a simple single strand of ivory pearls and earrings and ballet shoes. I haven't found baskets as yet, but chances are I will ask my mom - who is even more crafty than I am, to cover the baskets with ivory satin and ribbon!

No comments: