May 24, 2008

The new Martha...

While visiting my mother in Georgia, I had the chance to work on the great invitations. I loved envelopments and wanted to have the elegance and modernity of the style of invitations. I got a number of quotes ranging from $850 to $1200. Me being me, I found it hard to pay that much for invitations. And yes I know how important the invitations are, but I wanted to spend that kind of money elsewhere.

I’m enjoying that I am learning to do a lot more things than and gaining a lot more knowledge in planning my wedding. Plus; I consider myself a Martha Stewart in training so I perked up at the thought of the challenge. So guess what I did. I went online, googled like CRAZY, and finally found a few really good envelopments websites, selling blank envelopments. Good sites are www.mygatsby.com, and www.renaissancewritings.com, as well as a host of others. I settled on the style of invitation I wanted and went about finding ways to reduce my costs.

After finding great paper, a sharp paper cutter, glue and a few embellishments my family and I buckled down and began working away at the invitations. On my trusty Mac, I designed the invitations and inserts and used a simple home printer and painstakingly printed the invitations page by page. Thankfully, they came out great! Importantly, it’s exactly what I wanted. Thought I had some wastage, my invitations actually came out to $3 per invitation versus, get this, $9 per invite. If that’s not a good deal, I’m lost!

Here’s how it all turned out.


No comments: