May 8, 2008

The DIY Mission























I always knew I had an inner DIY Queen somewhere hidden in me, but after my daily visits to different blogs, I'm getting a little bolder.  And now...I think I am ready for my own DIY mission.

So maybe I am not 007 or Ethan Hunt but I'm ready to be armed with a glue gun in one hand, scissors in the next, paper cutter on deck and an army of crafty ideas ready to charge.  Amidst doubts, I'm on a mission to reduce my costs, learn new things and have a wedding with my special touches in as many areas as I can.

Just thinking about it - gets me energised.  So far I managed to shave $550 off my original quotes for invitations.  Including purchasing stock, envelopes and printing, my invites are coming in just over $2 per person.  Compared to quotations of $5 -10 per person, I think that sounds like a deal.  I plan to have a good time tackling these projects.

The Next Mission
To add special and practical touches to our wedding, I came up with the idea of making our own ring pillow.  Our colours are Tiffany Blue and Brown with Champaign and Ivory accents.  This weekend I will be on the hunt for Tiffany silk fabric for the pillow and an ivory satin ribbon.  The satin ribbon will come in handy for all the other projects I have brewing in my mind for our big day.  To top off the pillow - I plan to add a white Magnolia or Dahlia on top.  Growing up in the Caribbean, those years of forced sewing classes are finally going to come in handy.  


No comments: